Labels

Followers

Walgreens How To

Posted by Centsable Andersons Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Walgreens’ promotional incentive is Register Rewards aka RR. RRs are coupons (money to us!) that print out when you purchase certain items at Walgreens. RRs do expire, so make sure to keep up with dates on them.

You can find out what the best RR deals are by checking online ahead of time or waiting and look in the Sunday advertisement. The key is to find free after RRs or find RRs deals with coupons that make them free-cheap. For example: Dove Deodorant on sale for 99cents and I get $1 RR for it, it is like getting it for free. Another example: Bayer Glucose Monitors on sale for $20, I have a $30 coupon (it will be adjusted to fit the sale price) and earn $10 RR. The monitor was free after coupon plus I made $10 in RR! That is a money maker. Of course, I don’t need these, so I donate them to our church.

To earn more RRs, you have to do multiple transactions. When you buy one of the RRs items, you only earn RRs once, as in per transaction. So, I buy one, Bobby buys one. We may go to a few stores just to stock up on a particular item for free-cheap.

Walgreens does allow stacking. Remember, this is using one Walgreens coupon with one manufacturer coupon for more savings. Count your items and your coupons before you check out. You must have the same amount of items as you do coupons. If you need a filler item, look for cheap candy, cups, pencils, etc.

Also, be sure to hand over manufacturer coupons over first and all Walgreens coupons last. For some reason, if you hand the Walgreens over first, it won’t stack coupons. If this happens, you will get the dreaded beep and “sorry, it isn’t taking this coupon”. Another thing to make a note of is that you can’t use a RR to purchase the same item. Example: Remember that Dove Deodorant we got for free after RR? I cannot use the Dove Deodorant RR to purchase another Dove Deodorant.

What do I buy with RRs then? There are two things I use my RRs for. Sometimes, I roll the RRs. Rolling RRs means I save this week’s RRs and use them to purchase next week’s RRs deals. It is possible to just pay with RR every week once you get good at this.

I personally use the majority of mine at Publix. See, RRs are actually manufacturer coupons. Publix takes all of them because they, too, can be reimbursed by the manufacturer. That is the true secret to getting my grocery bill so low each week. Again, keep up with the dates on these because neither Walgreens nor Publix will accept these once they expire.


Questions? Feel free to email us at centsableandersons@ gmail.com (no spaces).

0 Responses to Walgreens How To

Post a Comment