Labels

Followers

What's for dinner?

Posted by The Andersons Wednesday, February 24, 2010


All I can say about last night's dinner, is WOW. OH, WOW!! We have a large stockpile of chicken, especially chicken legs. Well, I had chicken legs out for dinner, knew everyone was tired of fried (gasp! a southerner tired of fried chicken?!) and baked chicken, so I went searching. My mission? Anything other than fried or baked chicken (duh). This is what I came up with, and yes! we had everything on hand!

Teriyaki Chicken
12 chicken legs (use whatever cut you have)
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
sesame seeds (not necessary, but they look pretty, lol)

Preheat oven to 350-400
Wash chicken off thoroughly. Mix all ingredients except the chicken in a bowl. If you have the time, let the chicken marinate on both sides in the sauce for a few hours. I didn't have the extra time and it still came out yummy! Cook for about an hour. I sprinkled some more brown sugar and sauce on the chicken towards the end.


These are delicious. Well, we needed a side that fit the taste of teriyaki chicken, so I went on another search and came up with a simple, modified version of Fried Noodles! Again, I just used what we had in stock, so this is a base recipe and can be foofooed up. Yes, I said foofooed.

Fried Noodles

1 box Angel Hair Pasta (Ramen is what it calls for)
1 bottle soy sauce
Vegetable Oil
3 Eggs
Sesame seeds
Pinapple Juice
Salt, Pepper to taste
Chili Seasoning

I cooked the noodles to al dente (2-3 minutes). As the noodles were cooking, I beat 3eggs and scrambled them in a pan. Put those in a small bowl for now. Once your noodles are done, drain. I put a 3-4 tablespoons of oil in my pain, got it hot then added in my noodles , the soy til it is a pretty brown, eggs, splashes of pineapple juice, sprinkle in some chili powder, some sesame and stir. I had frying tongs I used to toss the noodles around. There was no science to this recipe. There was a lot of praying and "God, please let this at least be edible..."


Taaaaaddaaaaa! YUMMY! I was shocked. I tried two new recipes in one night, and both came out splendidly. Everyone wanted seconds and yes, there were thirds for some. Lucky Bobby has it for lunch. The pinapples were cut up and served as a side and will be part of my Dad's snack today. Try this, add to it, but most of all, enjoy it!

0 Responses to What's for dinner?

Post a Comment